A rare opportunity to reside in a piece of history!
The John Hawes Mansion, with Bulfinch architecture of the Federalist era, is reportedly the earliest extant building in South Boston. This magnificent home was built circa 1805 and is associated with one of the most influential families of the early 19th century. In 2007, the esteemed owners impressively restored the home with over $1 million of renovations while keeping its integrity.
The main residence of this two-family home consists of approximately 6,400 square feet and 4 levels of living. Features include a deck off the master, a gorgeous cupola, three garage parking spaces and a drive way of pavers that can accommodate 4 additional cars for visitors— seldom available in the inner city!
The carriage house features its own entrance and consists of 900 square feet of sophisticated urban living. It can be used as a in-law suite, au pair suite or a rental home.
Property Features Include: Historic Home